Dr Akputu Oryina Kingsley
Computer Science - B.Sc, M.Sc, P.hD
Basic Medical & Applied Sciences/Computer & Information Science
Scopus Page Reference:
ACM Page Reference:
Google Scholar Page Reference:
- Affective Computing
- Pattern Recognition
- Signal Processing
- Information Systems
- Adaptive Hypermedia eLearning Systems
- Big Data Analytics
- User Experience Design and evaluation Methodologies
Awards & Honours:
- PhD Scholarship award for Impacting PhD Proposal by Sunway University Malayisia/Jefrey Cheah Foundation Scholarship for Higher Degrees 2012.
• Award Reference Page: http://sclarchive.sunway.edu.my/926/
- TPC Member, International Conference on Artificial Intelligence & Modern Assistive Technology Reference: http://icaimat.tech/tpc/
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering Indonesia-Scopus Indexed.
- Member TPC and Reviewer, Bulletin of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (BEEI) -Scopus indexed
- Reviewer, TELKOMNIKA Telecommunication Computing Electronics and Control-Scopus indexed
- Member Editorial Board, IAES International Journal of Artificial Intelligence (IJ-AI), -Scopus indexed
- Invited Reviewer ICTA Federal University of Technology MINNA Niger State-Scopus indexed
- Regular Invited Reviewer for Encyclopaedia of Information Science. IGI Global.
- Associate Editor, IAES International Journal of Artificial Intelligence (IJ-AI)-Scopus indexed.
Selected List of Publications
- Akputu, O. K., Lee, Y.L, Seng, K. P., & L-M Ang (2018). Emotion Recognition Using Multiple Kernel Learning Towards E-learning Applications. ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communication and Applications, Vol. 14, issue 1. Doi: https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3131287. (ISI index) and (Scopus Indexed).
- Akputu, O. K., Attai, K. F., Usoro, A., & Abiodun, A. O. (2020). Policy-Driven Academic Result Computation and Transcription: Ritman University Case. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, 9(1), 168–174. Doi: https://doi.org/10.17148/IJARCCE.2020.9132.
- O. K Akputu., Lee, Y.L.& K.P, Seng. Integration of Emotion Recognition Technology in eLearning, Journal of IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies. (Accepted with Major corrections). (ISI index) and (Scopus Indexed)
- Akputu, O.K., Ortil, M., Inyang, U.G., Mughal F. Recognizing Facial Emotions: complimentary cue for Adaptive Educational Learning. International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering. (under review) (Scopus indexed).
Book Chapters in Scopus indexed Books
- Akputu O. K., K. P. Seng, and Y. L. Lee, “Affect Recognition for Web 2.0 Intelligent E-Tutoring Systems: Exploration of Students’ Emotional Feedback,” in E-Learning 2.0 Technologies and Web Applications in Higher Education, F. Jean-Eric Pelet (KMCMS, IDRAC International School of Management, University of Nantes, Ed. IGI Global, 2013, pp. 188–215.
- Akputu O.K, K. P. Seng, and Y. L. Lee, “Audio-Visual Speech Emotion Recognition,” in Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, Third Edition, M. Khosrow-Pour, Ed. IGI Global, 2014, pp. 103–113.
- Akputu O. K., Attai K.F, “ User Experience Measurement:Recent Practice of E-businesses,” in Handbook of Research on User Experience in We 2.0 Technologies and Its Impact on Universities and Businesses, Jean-Eric Pelet (ESCE International Business School, INSEEC U Research Centre, Paris, France) Ed. CH. 16, IGI Global, 2021, pp. xxx. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-79983756-5.
International Conference Publications:
- Akputu O. K, K. P. Seng, and Y. L. Lee, “Facial Emotion Recognition for Intelligent Tutoring Environment,” in 2nd International Conference on Machine Learning and Computer Science (IMLCS’2013), 2013, pp. 9–
- Akputu O. K, Y.L. Lee and K. P. Seng. “Multiple Kernel Learning for Multi-class Facial Emotion Classification”, Proceeding of 13th International Conference on Electronics, Information and Communications (ICEIC) 2014, pp. 83-86.
- Akputu, O. K., Seng, K. P., & Lee, Y. “Comparative Analysis of Multiple Kernel Learning on Learning Emotion Recognition". In 6th ICIMU. IEEE. 10.1109/ICIMU.2014.7066659 2014
- Akputu O. K., A. Adedolapo. Emotion Recognition for User Centred E-Learning. Proceedings of 40th IEEE Computer Society International Conference on Computers, Software & Applications Atlanta, Georgia, USA. June 10 –14, 2016. IEEE. 10.1109/COMPSAC.2016.106